Monday, January 27, 2014

OPI Push and Shove

Today I have for you the popular Push and Shove.  It's the only one I purchased from the Gwen Stefani collection.  Push and Shove is a silver chrome much like those mirror chromes from Maybelline from way back when.  OPI says on the packaging that it doesn't wear long and they weren't lying.  It also shows every single imperfection on the nail, so if you have ridges, buff them out or be prepared to see them magnified times ten.

Application is a bit tricky.  First it comes with its own special base coat that it needs.  Second, if you apply layers too soon after the other, the polish will clump up and streak so it's best to wait a bit between coats.

This is 2 coats.

Update: I usually don't comment too much on wear since I change my polish so often, but I've gotten a couple of emails asking about it.  OPI meant what they said.  This polish isn't long lasting.  After washing my hair, there was tip wear.  After a day of doing normal things like typing, washing dishes, etc, my right hand had quite a few chips.  My left hand isn't as bad, but still has tip wear and a few chips.





9 comments :

  1. your nails look AMAZING! I'm considering getting this polish. It looks so cool but on the other hand I wish it would last longer on the nails.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I wish it lasted longer too. It's a pretty polish.

      Delete
  2. Ok, I totally have to get this one! Finally I can have my fav mirror nails. Great swatch, I adore your nails, they're so neat:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! It's the closest to mirror like that I have in my collection.

      Delete
  3. Very nice. How long did this last on you?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I actually just put it on last night and after washing my hair this morning I had tip wear and now that I've washed some dishes, my right hand has chipped. It really only lasts a day.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's too bad. Still it's definitely pretty enough to put up with that serious drawback

      Delete
  5. Gahh it's so pretty. If it comes in gold, I'm sold.

    ReplyDelete
  6. its so gorgeous! too bad about the wear, but i guess us polish addicts change our nails too often for it to matter anyway :-P

    ReplyDelete

I love reading your comments! Thanks for visiting!